Naruto RPG
Welcome to Naruto RPG! This is a text-based RPG where you can play as a canon character or create your own and RP in the land of Naruto! Be sure to read the rules before you register. After you can create your character and wait for an admin to approve you. Then, let the roleplaying begin! ^^
(Feel free to contact an admin if you need any help.)
Naruto RPG
Welcome to Naruto RPG! This is a text-based RPG where you can play as a canon character or create your own and RP in the land of Naruto! Be sure to read the rules before you register. After you can create your character and wait for an admin to approve you. Then, let the roleplaying begin! ^^
(Feel free to contact an admin if you need any help.)
Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Naruto RPG where you can be anything you want! Join organizations, attack villages, fight to the death! Anything is possible!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards

Go down 
2 posters

Good Idea or No
Yes is a Great Idea
RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards Vote_lcap60%RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards Vote_rcap
 60% [ 9 ]
Eh...its okay
RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards Vote_lcap13%RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Eh...needs more discussion
RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards Vote_lcap13%RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
No its not a good idea because it'll cause problems
RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards Vote_lcap0%RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No because its an absolutely horrible idea (please don't pick this choice just to be comical because it won't be very funny ._.)
 13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage

RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards Empty
PostSubject: RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards   RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 6:41 pm

I'd be interesting and it would give the users a reason to post at least half decent topics instead of rapid one liners. Also it'd be a reason to showcase the best RP Topic(s) the site has over a period of time. Now i know the first thing people are going to say is, "This is going to cause a huge argument, and yada yada". Well then. Instead of having the users say that they have the best topic. You have a group of semi-professional to professional role players on the site go around to the various semi-completed to completed Topics. Meaning any topics where its like 2 posts wouldn't be considered. Also by having a committee of excellent RPers choose the topics you eliminate what i like to call "Noobish Static" in which false opinions get in the way of factual discussion.

The topics would obviously have to pass certain criteria to even be considered, and the debate would probably take a while to complete. So instead of waiting till the end of the month, say this month, for the best rp topic. We actually start the search next month so it gives us plenty of time to look for the best topics out there. The search and discussions should however be done before half way through the month when they would then post up a poll showing their top 4 choices for the site to decide amongst themselves for what the best topic of the month would be.

The same could go for the RP Awards. But this could go every six months. And for the final award instead of having to look for them again, we could just use the winners from the previous six months to pick the grand winner. And the awards could be annually and cover a wide area from best rper, to best topic. And everyone could be included.

If you think this is a good idea, please tell me why instead of just voting, same for if its a bad idea. If you want to add your own idea feel free to do so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards   RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 6:48 pm

it has a good idea better than the crappy best rper idea =\ but don't you think people will start long sentences of spam?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards   RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 6:51 pm

I thinks its a great idea, the time limits seem solid and so does the method of choosing the winners. My only question is, how will the people who are in charge of the initial voting be picked? This could cause some problems if you have a person who is unwilling to agree that some individuals are qualified to be judges.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards   RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 6:55 pm

@Take: True. Thats why i said this: "Well then. Instead of having the users say that they have the best topic. You have a group of semi-professional to professional role players on the site go around to the various semi-completed to completed Topics. Meaning any topics where its like 2 posts wouldn't be considered. Also by having a committee of excellent RPers choose the topics you eliminate what i like to call "Noobish Static" in which false opinions get in the way of factual discussion.

The topics would obviously have to pass certain criteria to even be considered, and the debate would probably take a while to complete."

I totally understand where your coming from Take cuz i've seen it happen before. Thats why i want to have people who are currently semi-pro to pro to actually look at the topics instead of having random people looking at them. That will pretty much eliminate the need to spam topics because even if they spammed they wouldn't be chosen because of the spam.

@Rin: Well that would be up to the users. So far as much as i've seen (and i've seen alot) a few people including myself would be an excellent choice for the judges. As much as i want to, i'd like to have people who won't be influenced by family or staff ties, meaning i'm trying not to have staff included. Not to be biased however but i've seen other sites where the staff would constantly pick their own topics that they created and have the users pick the best from them instead of the other way around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards   RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 7:00 pm

I can see how that could become an issue. However what happens in the case of a new user who is better then most of the people on the site? Are they considered eligible to be in the committee or would a set of rules be made that states the criteria for being a judge?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards   RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 7:03 pm

Yea most likely. It can't be someone who is currently breaking a rule or a known rule breaker. It has to be someone who is active and positively helping with the site. New users who are good enough will be considered by committee members so it wouldn't be a problem. But at all possible the committee should have a set limit of people such as 5 or 7. So that way we don't end up with a huge group of people debating about something relatively simple.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards   RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 9:07 pm

Okay i can agree with that ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards   RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 2:22 pm

So no one else has any other comments or ideas?
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Snow
Yukikage
Yukikage
Spirit of the Snow

PostSubject: Re: RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards   RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 2:50 pm

I like the idea. It allows the members to really have fun with it and create an interesting topic. It sounds like a good way to get people more interested in advancing their skills as an rper.
Back to top Go down
Blood Rose Vampire
Otokage
Otokage
Blood Rose Vampire

PostSubject: Re: RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards   RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 1:37 pm

You guys know that you don't have to write a lot to be a good RPer, right?
Back to top Go down
https://naruto-roleplay.rpg-board.net
Spirit of the Snow
Yukikage
Yukikage
Spirit of the Snow

PostSubject: Re: RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards   RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 1:39 pm

Yeah, but it helps. I mean, 4 lines is better than a couple of words. Plus, writing a lot gives you a chance to be creative ^^
Back to top Go down
Blood Rose Vampire
Otokage
Otokage
Blood Rose Vampire

PostSubject: Re: RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards   RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 1:45 pm

True
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards   RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 2:16 pm

Yes it does emma. I like writing creatively so you'll usually never see me post under a paragraph and if i do i end up beating myself up for doing so. Its not so much that it makes me a bad rper but i just don't like one lining because they add no flavor to a post. Its just action and reaction. I like topics that have flavors, colors, sounds, and smells. I love descriptive posts because it allows me to visualize them. But just because you don't add descriptions doesn't mean that your rp skill is horrible. Some of the pro's do one liners but thats only if they're not seriously rping at that particular moment.
Back to top Go down
Blood Rose Vampire
Otokage
Otokage
Blood Rose Vampire

PostSubject: Re: RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards   RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Anyway, I'm in. I write so this would be a good way to see how good I really am....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards   RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 2:32 pm

So we can go ahead and set up the committee?
Back to top Go down
Blood Rose Vampire
Otokage
Otokage
Blood Rose Vampire

PostSubject: Re: RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards   RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 3:34 pm

Yeah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards   RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards Empty

Back to top Go down

RP Topic of the Month?/RP Topic Awards
Page 1 of 1