Naruto RPG
Welcome to Naruto RPG! This is a text-based RPG where you can play as a canon character or create your own and RP in the land of Naruto! Be sure to read the rules before you register. After you can create your character and wait for an admin to approve you. Then, let the roleplaying begin! ^^
(Feel free to contact an admin if you need any help.)
Naruto RPG
Welcome to Naruto RPG! This is a text-based RPG where you can play as a canon character or create your own and RP in the land of Naruto! Be sure to read the rules before you register. After you can create your character and wait for an admin to approve you. Then, let the roleplaying begin! ^^
(Feel free to contact an admin if you need any help.)
Naruto RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Naruto RPG where you can be anything you want! Join organizations, attack villages, fight to the death! Anything is possible!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ideas to improve the site???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Blood Rose Vampire
Otokage
Otokage
Blood Rose Vampire

Ideas to improve the site??? Empty
PostSubject: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 5:51 pm

Please tell me any ideas you ahve to improve the site.
Back to top Go down
https://naruto-roleplay.rpg-board.net
DarkChaosPriestess
DarkChaosPriestess

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:52 pm

Chirukon wrote:
think about it this way... a good rper with a weak char can kick a good char but bad rper's ass so i REALLY dont see why everyone thinks it matters =/ ill admit tony is a way better rper than me, hence why he beat me using hanzou but people should think that if weak people didnt have strong characters, they'd likely leave instead of learning a better way to rp

I wholeheartedly disagree, Larry. The "better" RPers [if anything] DESERVE to have the higher-ranked Characters. It's almost as if you're punishing people because they are better. That makes no sense at all, Larry.

Chirukon wrote:
yes but im also saying a good rper that has a great character shouldnt be allowed to challenge everyone they meet since that would be stupid and therefore kill everyone and then where would we be? but otherwise i agree completely with aub

"Better" RPers don't do that, though. People who RP "better" don't recklessly kill everyone in sight. "Better" RPers like to develop their Characters more than proving that they are the best. If they truly are "better" Rpers, then there is nothing to prove. You're thinking about it in the opposite light, Larry. If anything, newer RPers more fit into the category of people who would create a powerful Character just to kill everyone else because they have something to prove.

Chirukon wrote:
yes but you gotta admit there is no way in hell an even average rper with a jounin woud ever get hit by a new gennin =/ but to just say "I dodged" is the way i like to call god modding

Once again, you are trying to make everyone on an even playing field, giving more power to people who don't really deserve it.

Larry-berry wrote:
but i agree aubrey but i cant beleive a gennin could dodge an SS ranked if he tried at least

You'd be surprised.... Unless that SS-Ranked Jutsu [which is a BS rank, anyway] is insanely OP'd to the point of being that NO ONE can dodge it, anyone can dodge it with appropriate tactics.

Tsuna wrote:
overall the site is good we need to stick to naruto though we have people rearranging canon chars villages and even immortal ninja some genin have four elements and S ranked jutsus i feel we need to tonedown somethins lot of people wants three or more elements when in the show the average ninja has one maybe two im saying most not all some have been gifted plus i would like to try and stick with the right ages i mean i am constantly seeing 10-14 year old jounin of high levels being approved some villages have been changed because the kage of the village doesnt want his position to be taken away some ar trying to completely change canon chars its just a bit much sometimes

I am actually trying to "nerf" some of the profiles before an Admin can approve them. Some of them are just so insanely OP.... I literally had to tell an Admin once that {s}he was wrong in approving Jutsu, and I nerfed them to hell because they were either too vauge or too OP. The Admins need to discuss with each what is OP and what is not. There is a lot of mixed messages being sent by the Staff on what is considered OP or not.

Gen-K wrote:
I have an Idea

Stop Hackers from stealing my email and my accounts

Also stop sending me Pm's about stealing shit damn I wasn't here for 2 weeks actually 2 and a 1/2

If people are truly getting into your Account through your e-mail, then delete the message in your Inbox about your Account [containing username and password]. Also, change all your passwords. You really need to be more cautious if this is the case, Gen.

Gen-K wrote:
Didn't steal my first custom character because i made it.

Even before I was on Ingoo.

I can prove I made because i can still acess my account i use to post it.

I can actually confirm this if I run an IP check.... And, I came up negative. Gen, you keep changing your IP Address so much that I can't even match it with the IP on Ingoo. Congrats. I cannot prove that you created the Profile on Onegoo.

Also... the many comments for the want for me to be Admin can be destructive. If you wish for someone to rise too much, then that may bring bad thoughts upon the current Administration. Be careful of what you say. Be careful of what you think.
I support the current Administration.
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosPriestess
DarkChaosPriestess

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:58 pm

Chirukon wrote:
DCP you post too much for me too read all at once but i was trying to keep people from going on killing sprees and killing gennin before they learn how to rp.... i remember something like that happened last time?

You totally miss my point.... If you would actually read my post, then you would see the point, Larry. >>
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosPriestess
DarkChaosPriestess

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:37 pm

Chirukon wrote:
well i mainly want you as admin cause you pay more attention to apps and shit than anyone... and ive never seen you break the rules, while some of the current admin have yet none have been punished =/ thats all im gonna say unless i come up with another idea

Once again... be careful of what you say.

Do not say that I am the best. I do it merely for the benefit of the site. If the site runs with less GM and OPness because I am a Mod, then so be it.... [I am not saying that Admins do not do that, though.]
Back to top Go down
Blood Rose Vampire
Otokage
Otokage
Blood Rose Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:52 pm

Okay, for one thing, admins get on everyday. Silvia, Matt, Zak, and I are on a lot. But we have other things to do too. You can't expect us to be looking at apps every minute. They'll be approved soon. And another thing, I didn't choose the admins because they were my friends. I chose them because they ARE good admins. They know how to rp, they don't god-mod, and they are good with the forum.

There are RP samples for the higher ranks in the templates now, so I'll only approve good rpers for higher ranks.
Back to top Go down
Blood Rose Vampire
Otokage
Otokage
Blood Rose Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:50 pm

One liners are fine.
Back to top Go down
Blood Rose Vampire
Otokage
Otokage
Blood Rose Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:53 pm

Like who?
Back to top Go down
Blood Rose Vampire
Otokage
Otokage
Blood Rose Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 3:56 pm

PM me names. I want names.
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosPriestess
DarkChaosPriestess

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:45 pm

Takeshi wrote:
on topic: before omeone approves a character they need to be checked if their arent rip offs

I've been pushing this for a while, Takeshi. Thanks for agreeing with me. ^^

Tsuna Youshi wrote:
uh about the rank comment im sorry but people have the highest ranked chars and post one liners constantly or use the stronger chars to power up their weak ones no names will be said of course

I agree with this. In all honesty, A lot of people have been getting SS-Ranked Characters, a Rank that does not even exist in the Naruto World. It's insane that people are creating Characters REGULARLY that can overpower Pein, Madara, ect.... And, these people will constantly only post one lines. Sarah, you made the RP Sample so that only "good" RPers could get these Ranks. However, after the initial Profile, it seems that no one is actually RPing to the caliber that is expected of them....

Anyway, I understand that Admins can't get online every day. I understand that some are so busy that they cannot even do much when they do get online. I respect the decisions of the Administration, and I wish only for the success of this site. ^^

So... I'll be getting back to work. *goes to Mod stuff*
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosPriestess
DarkChaosPriestess

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:00 pm

Aubrey wrote:
O.o damn i missed alot and yeah I agree I use some of my canons to power up my.. O.o wait i only use my canons for bio to help MAKE my char,the only one i over did it with is Rei Amaterasu but he was made off an idea I had,the rest was either related to Orochimaru or had something to do with Orochimaru,I really like tony's chars since most are based on villains,most being Orochimaru and Hanzo is the only char I know that isnt based off Orochiamru or has anything to do with Orochimaru

Please, stay on topic. XD

What can be done right now to help?

*doing more Mod stuff*
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosPriestess
DarkChaosPriestess

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:08 pm

Aubrey wrote:
Oh sorry and more ideas hmm? Im still all in all for that Tournament >.> and we NEED MORE GENIN FOR THE CHUUNIN EXAMS AND MORE CHUUNIN TO SIGN UP FOR THE JOUNIN EXAMS! in other words I suggest everyone atleast make a genin since most people already started signing up

That's the thing. Hardly anyone now-a-days creates Genin. I have three or four Genin, myself.... I don't want my Characters to fight each other in the Chuunin Exams. ><
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosPriestess
DarkChaosPriestess

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:15 pm

Aubrey wrote:
only sign in one and i will make sure they wont fight each other since im the Mod of it xD i have been preparing to do the exams for awhile but no one makes genin or sign up

[Are you saying that only ONE of my Genin may sign up?!?!]

Well, we need to spread the word. I say that PMs should be sent to all people with Genin Shinobi.
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosPriestess
DarkChaosPriestess

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:21 pm

Aubrey wrote:
Well you can sign up two if you like and i will make it so they dont fight each other and yeah we should do that DCP and alright Larry

I have four perfectly capable Genin.... Denying me to use any of them is a punishment to that Character for having the same owner. I honestly am very against limiting the number of Genin being submitted.... The Chuunin Exams only come once every few months. It would be insane for another one of my Characters to wait twice, if not three times as long just because I use that Character.... >>

*obviously peeved*
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosPriestess
DarkChaosPriestess

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:28 pm

Aubrey wrote:
well fine xD throw them on the list xDD O.o I hope we have like a million genin sign up,it will be WAY funner with random genin dying xD

It would.... But, it isn't going to happen that way. No new members will make Genin when they only need to put minimal effort to get a very high-ranked Character.
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosPriestess
DarkChaosPriestess

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:32 pm

Aubrey wrote:
I also say they should put that character that they are making to the test before being approved,see if they can really rp like that and fight like that,by the way they are graded should be there rank

...>>

Well, what about my Genin? People say that they have the attributes to being an SS-Ranked Ninja. I RP to do what MY CHARACTERS would do, not what I want. New members tend to RP the way that they want, not how the Character would.... They are also more likely to power-grab and GM to get a better position to "prove" themselves.
Back to top Go down
Blood Rose Vampire
Otokage
Otokage
Blood Rose Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:33 pm

Chirukon wrote:
also sarah what do you say about letting mods approve so all the work isnt on the admin's shoulders?

Mods have never been able to approve characters and I'm not going to let them now.
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosPriestess
DarkChaosPriestess

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:34 pm

Sasuke Uchiha wrote:
Chirukon wrote:
also sarah what do you say about letting mods approve so all the work isnt on the admin's shoulders?

Mods have never been able to approve characters and I'm not going to let them now.

Sarah has always had it that way. It works for her. I don't see why she should change it if it works for her. Besides, it's HER site. :/
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosPriestess
DarkChaosPriestess

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 6:25 pm

Actually, I have found it better to have 3 months be an RP year. ^^
Back to top Go down
Scorpion
Scorpion

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 12:28 am

Thats dumb =/

Ok I've been silent so I'll throw in some oponions.First,all Cannons taken away from the users instead of people making a app for them only to get denied,How about instead we had audition,And Everyone can go for any character.But they got to pm me or staff members there rping sample of the Character they want.Because I am seeing alot of people claiming to have a character but don't act,think or even look like them.

This is so that people won't be insulting other members about them no knowing how to use a character right.
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosPriestess
DarkChaosPriestess

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 7:00 am

Ryo wrote:
Thats dumb =/

Ok I've been silent so I'll throw in some oponions.First,all Cannons taken away from the users instead of people making a app for them only to get denied,How about instead we had audition,And Everyone can go for any character.But they got to pm me or staff members there rping sample of the Character they want.Because I am seeing alot of people claiming to have a character but don't act,think or even look like them.

This is so that people won't be insulting other members about them no knowing how to use a character right.

Wow... that's actually a good idea. o.o

It should be based on how the Canon Character would act or think.... Dang, Ryo, that's good!
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosPriestess
DarkChaosPriestess

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 1:39 pm

Ouni Kigiri wrote:
why don't you guys make a money system to get people to post more and such ._.

The money system will have almost no value. Also, there are OOC and spam posts to figure into the equation, which causes a lot of discrepencies.
Back to top Go down
Blood Rose Vampire
Otokage
Otokage
Blood Rose Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 12:46 pm

What's wrong with how the site looks?
Back to top Go down
Blood Rose Vampire
Otokage
Otokage
Blood Rose Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 12:59 pm

How?
Back to top Go down
Blood Rose Vampire
Otokage
Otokage
Blood Rose Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 1:08 pm

I'll use a gray one. And may I see the banner please?
Back to top Go down
smartfiredragon

smartfiredragon

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 2:54 pm

I have a suggestion
Before a charter/jutsu/spirit/weapon gets approved 2 admins must have said yes and a admin cant approve their own posts this would start from the day this rule is applied if it ever is. Then perhaps we can get a end to thoose freakin discussions bout admins not reading through applies and such
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosPriestess
DarkChaosPriestess

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 3:50 pm

.BEN wrote:
Well I'm looking around and I find debates of bad enforcement. "Not enough rules to explain, logic is being stretched, carelessness". Bad admins I see?

This seems to be something to take up directly with Sarah.

If you honestly think so, then make sure that she sees it. That's quite the accusation there.
Back to top Go down
Blood Rose Vampire
Otokage
Otokage
Blood Rose Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 3:52 pm

-.- What are you talking about, .BEN? I would love to know what's wrong with the site....
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosPriestess
DarkChaosPriestess

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Sasuke Uchiha wrote:
-.- What are you talking about, .BEN? I would love to know what's wrong with the site....

I believe that he's refering to the lack of real concensus amongst the Admins and Staff. There isn't a set rules for each approval section besides the Template and line limits. There's nothing else there. You're basically throwing everyone out there to do as they please, which in some cases can be contradictary to what is best for the site or to what you want to see in approvals and such.

Is that right, Ben?
Back to top Go down
Blood Rose Vampire
Otokage
Otokage
Blood Rose Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 3:57 pm

.BEN wrote:
There was a previous conversation with 'Tony' and Eman in the chat box recently. (Couldn't archive it, the chat box was moving too fast.) I'm sure there are a few witnesses that saw it.

What about? Please tell.
Back to top Go down
Blood Rose Vampire
Otokage
Otokage
Blood Rose Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:03 pm

Alright then. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Blood Rose Vampire
Otokage
Otokage
Blood Rose Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:09 pm

It's good, but I'm gonna look at some other banners for a while before choosing. I may make my own.
Back to top Go down
Blood Rose Vampire
Otokage
Otokage
Blood Rose Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:11 pm

I suppose.
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosPriestess
DarkChaosPriestess

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 8:39 pm

.BEN wrote:
I have another suggestion pertaining to the roleplay. I'm seeing a lot of shinobi, and several of them look as if they god mod. I understand these characters are high in rank but they have too many elements which makes them pretty much godly. Is there any logical sense in the role plays?

That's a delicate topic because many could be easily offended by some answers and truths.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas to improve the site???   Ideas to improve the site??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas to improve the site???
Page 1 of 1